Friday, February 10, 2012

How can tell if my hair straightener will be safe enough to use with a converter (in Spain)?

I am going to Spain and we have converters, but I have been told that some hair straighteners will short out (explode or stop working) due to voltage. How will I know if mine is safe to take and use?How can tell if my hair straightener will be safe enough to use with a converter (in Spain)?
there should be a voltage range somewhere on the converter. and then the voltage of your straightener will be somewhere on your straightener. so if your straightener is in the right range, it should work... theoretically. but it might not.


i went to germany last month and my converter and straightener had voltages that worked together, but my straightener wouldnt even turn on when i plugged it in. so i tried to use my friends converter and it (the converter) started on fire. her straightener worked fine though, but it barely heated up (thats how it normally is though) mine was an expensive ceramic straightener, and hers was a cheap drugstore one, so that coulda had something to do with it. another girl in my group brought her chi straightener and it melted when she plugged it in. another one of my friends brought a drugstore one that cost about $40, and it didnt work either, and it wrecked the straightener so when she brought it home it wouldnt work there.


honestly, i would either not bring a straightener at all, or bring a cheap one so if it gets wrecked it doesnt matter. or buy one there if its really important to be able to straighten your hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment