Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Can anyone suggest tips for protecting my hair against a metal hair straightener damage?

ok..I'm straightening my hair with a straightener for the VERY FIRST time and its a metal one, people have been suggesting using ceramic instead, but those are very costly and not actually what I need.


I already have straight hair, I just want to style them for an upcoming event, and I won't be using the straightener on a regular basis.


Should I go ahead with the process? I seriously DON'T want any damage to my hair.Can anyone suggest tips for protecting my hair against a metal hair straightener damage?
Yes I so go for it. Just some heat protecter cream or serum on your hair and becarefull not to get the metal straightner too hot. I suggest since your hair is already straigh maybe a medium setting. Good Luck...=)Can anyone suggest tips for protecting my hair against a metal hair straightener damage?
I suggest, even if you're not going to use it on a regular basis, that you buy a styling product that protects against heat. I recently purchased Got2b Guardian Angel Heat Protect N' Flatten Flat Iron Balm and Gloss Finish. I had problems previously with breakage and dry ends from daily use of a flat iron, but since I've been using that spray my hair is very silky and you'd never be able to tell I heat styled it. The product is only about $6 or $7 a bottle, and it's totally worth it! I think I bought it at CVS Pharmacy or Walmart, I can't remember, but it should be easy to find.


Oh, and just spray it once or twice LIGHTLY on each section of hair just before you straighten it and use the flat iron while its still semi-wet. It may make a slight sizzle sound, but that's just the product drying.
You're just using it for a one time event? Than go for it. Really, a few times won't matter- it's when people make it a daily habit is when severe damage occurs.
The first few times you won't damage your hair, but if you want to be safe there are many products that can protect your hair from heat damage some good ones are tresemme' or VO5. Hopefully this was helpful =)

No comments:

Post a Comment