Monday, January 2, 2012

Why do hair straighteners come in different widths?

My 13 year old daughter asked for a hair straightener as a birthday present. She has long straight hair but likes it straighter. I went to buy one for her but found that they come in different widths. Which width is best?Why do hair straighteners come in different widths?
1'; is the standard size.


Any other shorter sizes (3/4';, 1/2'; etc) help straighten curly roots and such. Also, thinner iron sizes makes it easier to flip, curl, etc. (Detail work)





Larger Iron sizes speeds up straightening time for people who do not have extremely curly roots/ethnic hair. This would help your daughter straighten her hair faster.





I suggest the 1';. it's the mot versatile.


You can buy them for cheaper at beautychoice.comWhy do hair straighteners come in different widths?
there really isn't a specific reason, i'm assuming they thought people would buy wider ones because it would straighten quicker but with all my experience with straighteners it's a lot better to have a thiner plate on the straightener, try an inch or so. it damages your hair to go over it again and again with a wide one so the smaller ones make you section your hair in smaller sections where you only have to go over the hair once.
I like 2 inch ones but i have a 1 inch and they both work well. I like the 2 inch because you get more hair so it doesn't take as long. I would suggest 1 inch for thinner hair and either for thick but I have thick and like my 2 inch(yeah sorry i repeated myself a few times).
Depends on her hair. The very narrow straightener are for very curly, kinky hair that needs a lot of thought to straighten. A wider straightener is for hair that can be straightened easily.
They come in different widths for certain lengths of hair. I'd get the widest straightener they have. It will take her less time to straighten her hair because the hot plates are bigger and cover more hair.
if her hair is at her shoulders or longer then a wider hair straightener would work better. thinner ones are for people with shorter hair because they dont have as much hair and the wider ones straighten more hair.
For long hair get the wider one, it gets more hair then the smaller ones!
Well, I prefer thin ones.


Like one inch, I think ?


Like the size of a Chi or a GHD.


Is her hair thick or thin ?
  • shiseido
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment