Sunday, January 29, 2012

Does anyone know of a cheaper brand of hair straighteners than GHD but are equally as good quality?

My personal advice, if you want to take it, is just bite the bullet and pay the extra. It is definitely woth it.



I had the original babyliss team straightneres, then had remington ones (which I thought were amazing at the time), then I tried charles worthington, then the remington wet/dry ones (useless!!), then I bought corioliss (which they sell in bluewater and at the ideal home show and they are absolute rubbish, waste of 拢60), then I tried nicky clarke and some others after that. In the end I succumbed and bought GHD and I would never ever use anything else, nothing matches up.



It does depend on your hair type I guess. If its not too bad then cheaper ones will work, but I find not only do GHDs make it super straight it also seems to stay straighter in damp conditions compared to all the others.



Try lookfantastic.com or jasonshankey.co.uk. I think these are 2 very reliable, cheap(ish) website who also offer free gifts sometimes. On lookfantastic.com to become a memeber you just need to register your details then you get the cheaper price.



Happ straightening!Does anyone know of a cheaper brand of hair straighteners than GHD but are equally as good quality?
Mark HillDoes anyone know of a cheaper brand of hair straighteners than GHD but are equally as good quality?
There are alot of straightners up to standard now. I use Remingtons. one piece of advise though don't buy Tresemme, they just don't work.
FHI straighteners are really good xxx
nothings as good as ghd!!!!!!!!
Hi, ive tried lots of different hair straigteners by different makes. But i have to be honest, GHDS are the ones who dont wreck your hair like the others do. I got some decent ones called Kodo they are high tempereature that straighten my hair but i found my hair becoming more brittle even when i was using a heat protection spray. So i then decided to try another type so i tried Vidal Sassoon, these where brilliant and dont snag hair, they still damaged my hair alot though then eventually they stopped working, and i couldnt get the same type again so i tried the vidal sassoon glass ones and they werent any good either. So i went back to my Kodo for a while. But i though everyone says GHDS are good and they actually improve the condition of your hair. So last year i got a pair from a hairdresser near me and they are better than any i have tried and ive been using them for ages and my hair doesnt seem brittle and thin like it used to and has actually started growing again as its not getting in bad condition also they dont snag or pull either which saves your hair the damage. I know GHDS are 拢100 but you will pay nearly 拢60-拢80 for high street ones so i would pay the extra for GHDS as they are the best.
The Ghds are amazingg

It depends what type of hair you have.. i Have very thick frizzy hair and the ghds just straighten it amazingly

I have heard that the babyliss pro 230 are good ones

Try them .. they are quite cheap... Hope this helps

Best of look !!
I'm a GHD girl now but i also have a pair of KODO's they are the next best thing to GHD's. i paid about 拢80 for mine.
well i have to say that GHD are the ultimate hair straightners that you can ever buy however i do think that remingtons a really good brand try that one.
I use hair tools ionic straighteners which I bought off the internet. I find that they suit my hair better than GHD which tend to make my hair fly away a bit and they are not so good on thicker hair. I have had my hair tools ones for over 2 years now and they still work perfectly.
with ghd you are just paying for the name!! as long as your straightners will heat up to 230 degrees and are ceramic plated they will do the job just as well! try fhi or chs( both available from sally hair supplies or the internet)or andrew collinge master class straightners you will have the same finishon your hair( avaiable in andrew collinge salons or argos)!!!
Use an ionic flat iron. It will not curl back easly.

Solia makes a Tourmaline Ceramic Ionic Flat Iron.

According to the Solia flat iron website, ';tourmaline,

a precious stone, is used to generate up to 6 times more

negative ions than traditional ceramic irons';.( $75/85)



* Solia Hairstyling - how to style %26amp; straighten hair

http://homebeautytips.blogspot.com/2007//a>
yes i got a good pair of ebay.They are called SHE and are by the manufacturers of ghd but sold under that name.You get ur year warranty and different thicknesses.
My wife tells me that ghd are the best and nothing cheaper will do the job 拢拢拢拢!
I bought babyliss.. an i think these are BETTER!! and 1/2 the price!!! they are the ones with the temp button ontop, and only take 30 seconds to heat!! :)
i am a ghd owner. i have had plenty of other straighteners before and not one of them match up to ghds. thing is, youll think i cant afford to spend money on the good ones so ill get a cheaper version, except... they break, so youll keep buying new cheap ones. til eventually you might as well have bought some ghds coz youll have spent that much money on them!!! trust me... they are my most treasured possesion!! buy them immediately..!! lol :)
F.H.I, you can buy from salon services. I bought f.h.i after my second set of g.h.d broke down. The f.h.i. cost about 拢70.00 and are really just as good as g.h.d

No comments:

Post a Comment