Sunday, January 29, 2012

Do hair straighteners stop growth?

I use ghd's on my hair every other day. my hair is really long i have grown it to about 23 inches now i want it to be around 27 to 30 inches eventually. my hairdresser said that she has noticed it has gone thinner. i know im really lucky to have very thick hair it seems to be growing as i am very blonde and i can see my dark roots coming through at the top but it doesnt seem to be getting any longer...could it be breaking? is there anything i can put on my hair or is there any supplements i can take to make it grow?? my hair is my life lol! no only joking but i do like it to be right, thanks!Do hair straighteners stop growth?
Well I noticed that the hair around my face was not growing, having used ghd's for a short time (literally 4 months), so I have given them a break, and don't use ghd's. I felt quite frightened that my hair was breaking. But no there are no supplements you can take. With any amount of over processing your hair will be screaming out....Do hair straighteners stop growth?
Between the straightener and the lightening of the hair, you're most likely experiencing a lot of breakage. Try some deep conditioning treatments, preferably by your hairdresser, they're usually much more effective than the at home treatments.
yes its horrible... I used it about 15 years ago and since then my hair NEVER returnd to normal :(
It isn't that they stop growth, but they domake the hair weaker and with the extra stress, the hair does thin out and break off alot easier. I tell all my clients to try and take a break in between but if not then we only do the roots and do alot of deep conditioning. Regular trims and baby that hair.
Straighteners can cause split ends, and split ends break and make the hair look shorter. Avoid hair straighteners and eat lots of protein and massage your head regularly, trust me your hair will grow after that!
at some point or another you will start losing hair if you are using hair straighteners or chemicals on your hair. Use them in moderation and i am sure you will be fine.
it is without doubt that constant use of hair straighteners


or any excessive heat damages your hair, and also check your diet as well, regular trims and try to nourish your hair with very good conditioners basically stop ruining your crowning glory using excessive heat treatments that only give you short term gain and long term damage
hair straighteners will damage your hair if you are not using them properly or the right products. I can defiantly say form what you said your hair is breaking off. When you straighten your hair you should always use a heat protective spray/serum before using the irons. The other thing is you shouldn't go over your hair more than once because when u think about it the irons heat up to 300 odd degrees if your putng it over and over your hair youv heated your hair to some ridiculous temp like 1000 degrees straighten a section let it cool down then if it needs to be done again then go over it.You will also find by using a product from a salon not tesco you wont have to go over your hair as much and it will look shiny and last longer. you may find your hair will not grow when the ends are breaking. get all the ends off! your hair grows up to 3/4'; a month in good condition. You can buy herbal supplements for hair growth but don't know if they work.
May I also point out, that as we get older our hair does thin out a bit!!1
I have been using a straightner every day for about 7 years. And my hair gets a cut at least every 5 weeks as it grows very fast. I will admit that when I first started using a straightner it really damaged my hair, however the newer models with ceramic blades are much more safer and kinder to hair.





It depends on how healthy your hair is to start off with. You could be getting thinner due to age or your health may not be the best. Remember, everyone's hair is different. You just need to keep an eye on your hair and even look on your bathroom floor to see how much is falling out. Remember we all loose about 100 strands a day.
I would think that straighteners definitely damage and weaken the hair shaft leading to the hair breaking off. In fact since I have been using ghd straighteners for the last 18 months my hair has became incredibly thin compared to before. dont think I could live without my straighteners now though..Im gonna have to get some of those clip-in extensions i reckon!
i dont think straightening stops your hair growing, it just damages it. if you want it to be long you have to look after it by using heat protection spay. the ends of my hair are really dry from straightening. i had to get about 3 inches off
possibly, it really kills your hair so in turn in breaks unoticeably and then it doesnt grow.. sorry!
maybee you should use heat protection spray or mouse which u can buy in the chemist but it sounds like you hair is becoming dry so yes i supose it can be stopping growing
sounds like your hair is breaking if you have regrowth (line of demarcation) and it isn't getting longer.. begin having regular trims to remove any dead ends





the only mineral/vitamin supplement that I know of it biotin which is a b complex
you can buy lotions for your hair that you put on before straightening. They protect ur hair from the heat!


You could always talk to your hairdreser and she will tell whats best for your hair!


Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment