Sunday, January 29, 2012

My hair straighteners smell funny?

when i switch them on,its not a burning smell really,but what can i do?My hair straighteners smell funny?
does it have grease on it? if it does make sure to clean it properly around the edges from time to time....or maybe when you heat it up and use certain products on your hair that gives off the bad smell while straightening so you can try change the heat protector product or serum you use if any.My hair straighteners smell funny?
The same thing happens to me.





It's because i use quite a bit of products in my hair, and when i run my straighteners through my hair, you can smell the burning of the product.








Edit:


switch them on, so they are warm, and then get a baby wipe, and 'straighten' the baby wipe, and it will get rid off all the grease and dirt.
I think it's the metal or the ceramic of the iron heating up that causes the smell. Ceramic smells particularly bad. It might also be because of oil from the hair left on the iron. Mine smells a bit too. It started smelling more after I used it several times. I don't know that there's anything that can be done about it. Maybe try cleaning it some how?
yeah the smell is the remains of your hair products (conditioner, heat spray etc) evaporating, its the smell of steam i have this smell on my ghd's :) x nothing to worry about x


also to clean them just use a baby wipe/wet wipe


not water!


and have the cold. not hot


hope i helped


do yours have white marks on them?


x
Try cleaning the sides that touch the hair by wiping them off with some alcohol after use when cool. This may clean off the products and avoid burning smells when turning on the appliance.
add perfume


by a new one


deal with it


cover your nose


jk some do that its kinda normal though it can be disgusting just buy a new one diffrent brand perhaps.
Hi


Mine do that too just make sure the plates are clean just use a damp cloth and wipe them so their cleaner.


This works for me.
throw the old one and buy a new one


also wash ur hair from all the products in ur hair. do not leave hair in ur straghtiner
buy a new one mine started to do that once it got old.
buy new ones
buy a new one

No comments:

Post a Comment